BIZITEGI is a non-profit organisation that began its community work in the Otxarkoaga district of Bilbao in 1980. In 1988 it was established as a non-profit organisation and was recognised as a Public-Interest Entity in 1997.
Defend the interests of individuals suffering from social exclusion. How?
- By accompanying individuals through life processes so that they can improve their living conditions.
- Raising awareness to drive social transformation and advocate for a more just society.
Reduce the gap that exists between socially excluded individuals and the rest of society by:
- Creating conditions that foster the improvement of their quality of life.
- Building relationships with our communities to foster participation.
- Joining efforts to change society’s perception of social exclusion and its causes.
- Forge relationships steeped in warmth and affection and founded on respect for the dignity of each individual.
- Create opportunities for people to meet and participate in the various convivial spaces.
- Collaborate and commit to a shared project.